I wanted a project where I could use machine learning and natural language processing. While I was mulling over project ideas and watching Westworld, a friend sent me a link to the WoW Classic announcement. That gave me the idea for Westworld of Warcraft.
What I wanted Westworld of Warcraft to be was a private server where there were other “players” that would be involved with the gameplay. Back in 2005, I remember playing with a number of memorable players each with personality quirks; an experience I hope to emulate with different hosts.
So here are the goals of the project (I will update them as I go):
Create programs that can interact with the game and consume generated data from the game.(Completed) Funnel consumed data to instances into Microsoft Azure.(Completed)
- Build machine learning models around the consumed data to mimic players playing the game. Including:
- Being Apart of the Economy
- Build natural language processing models to:
- Allow bots to converse with players
- Spawn bots in response to continuing chat requests (LFG,LFM,WTS,etc.)
- Change the bots to no longer need the client and use the server connection directly
One thought on “Westworld of Warcraft”