April 14th is the Integrative Research and Ideas Symposium (IRIS) hosted by the UGA Graduate-Professional Student Association. I will be speaking on three separate topics at the event:
- Virtual Reality and IoT – Interacting with the Changing World
- Enable IoT with Edge Computing and Machine Learning
- Alternative Device Interfaces and Machine Learning
More than that though I look forward to hearing about the innovations and research provided by the graduate students and professionals at UGA. Here is their synopsis of IRIS:
The UGA Graduate-Professional Student Association is proud to announce IRIS 2018, a unique and exciting opportunity for students and other researchers from throughout the UGA community.
This initiative’s focus on community-building, cross-pollination of ideas, transferrable skills, and service will:
- Provide an excellent opportunity to enhance research communication skills and present research to an interdisciplinary audience.
- Expose students to cutting-edge scholarship, industry professionals, and rich professional development opportunities.
- Help attendees refine the content and language of their C.V.’s and resumés through career workshops.
- Encourage shared scholarship, research, and service.
- Equip attendees with new knowledge and skills which can strengthen teaching, learning, and career outcomes.
- Empower attendees to translate skills and research interests into career competencies.